None of this is going to seem like rocket science, but if you are like me making sure these items are clear and in place is the key to accomplishing an amazing future. When I do these four things well, my goals are realized. Can you get better at these?
1. Goal clarity. What are your goals? Are they somewhere in writing and SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achieveable, Realistic, and Timely)? It seems easy and logical but it is amazing how few do it. When you do, they get clear, real, and in your head.
2. Goal time. Time management technology is available to us all. Do you set aside time to do the activities required to get you to your goals? Most goals are projects and working back from the deadline with recurring time planned or project time planned makes them happen. If you do what you have always done, you are going get less than you have always got in this world. Set aside to do what you need to do.
3. Goal skills and habits. What do you need to start doing or maybe do more of to make it so?
4. Goal team. What skills and efforts are required to reach these goals? Are they your unique skills or do you need to build a team to reach them? Maybe you have a team but what is missing?
5. Goal attitude. My business coach says there are no unrealistic goals just unrealistic timelines. We may realize our goals and need to celebrate or we may not have planned for enough time or some other oversight. When you don’t reach goals or interim steps, recognize the progress made and adjust the sails. Be a leader with endurance to celebrate and or/stay the course. Sure consistent excuses don’t work, but then tweak the crew and keep smiling and moving forward.
Good luck setting abundant goals for 2015. Be the passionate leader that ensures your company moves forward and remains an amazing place to be.